Sunday 28 July 2019

I Know

I open my eyes and all I see
And know
That this is how it's always going to be
For how perfect human is
And yet I fail to me

I knew not this touch
And now I know
That this would hurt this much,
How do you even sense your lover's face
When your own fingers are in a clutch?

Not even once I gave it a thought
And now I know
Of all the battles I've ever fought
How naive humans can be
For this is the one that has be most caught

Of all the things that people have
They miss the most
Is what once they had
Not wanting and yet
And now they shall never believe to have

Is this what we call peace?
Or mere existing?
Living a life in such a miss
Every moment we get
And yet living in yesterday's piece

How do you even wake up everyday
When you are your own enemy
Dreaming and wanting away
Desiring but defeated
And not having the strength to work in its way?

Alas, I know not how
Living among all the why's
Saying to do it in the now
But standing in the rain
With the stoicism of a cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment