Monday 20 July 2015

Unchallenged Melancholy

Even before I have known
I have craved for things forlorn
I wonder how I want
Things that I have never even known
Such as the warm whisper of love
Or a touch of stranger’s hand
Or the earthy caress of sand
Or nights without fear or glib abode
Or to know my mother’s favourite band
And maybe among other things
A smile that I long forebode
I wonder how I seek pleasures
Even in tiniest creases and cracks
I push hard to go beyond measures
And find solace even in dingy shacks
Because I know that even in the light of day
There will never be enough warmth
Not in the shadows under the sun
Or the congruent man’s wisdom
But maybe in the hatred of isolation
Or the stab of a knife
I might find what I seek
Only to other’s dismay

No comments:

Post a Comment